Friday, December 30, 2011

Refining the design

I'm refining the design of the logo. I want it to be a cloak, something obvious but also abstract. I've been toying with the idea of having it just a silhouette, but I've also tried giving it the other shapes that define it as a cloak. It started with, oddly enough, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. That Triangle with the Circle and the Line symbol that has managed to become a part of pop culture and even become a popular tattoo. So I thought about using the Triangle to represent the cloak and then just rearranging the line and circle to represent the collar. Being something of a designer, I came up with several different designs. initial responses to the design were positive, but they also referenced Illuminati. E seemed to be the winner but it was suggested to cut the top off of the triangle.


So I lopped it off and added some flaps to give it a more cloak like appearance and added the hint of the emblem in the background to give it a subtle purpose. I was told it looks like a dog.


So I made some adjustments and tried it again, Added a flap for the collar, eliminated the line and replaced it with an elipse while moving it up higher and then putting the already established emblem below the design, and then set it on the shield, even got a banner thing for the name. But I'm still not satisfied with it.


Now, I've done all of this up to this point in Illustrator CS3. I picked up iDesign by TouchAware Limited and gave it another crack. I extended the collar, threw some curves into it and I'm very happy with were it's going now.


I also redesigned the collar a bit.


I'm really happy with how it's evolving. I'm open to suggestions though. I'll go into more about my ideas regarding how I plan on using the logo next time. Tell me what you think of the logo and the design process. Am I missing something important? - Building an empire, one minute at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment